Tascam FW-1884 firewire won't fetch asio driver in Sonar 2.2

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:21 am

I just got my new Tascam FW-1884 firewire audio surface controller up and running and have been attempting to use it with Sonar. Sonar refuses to enable the asio driver and leavs it greyed out in options\audio. tascam can't figure it out and I'm hoping someone here can. TIA

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:02 pm

Sonar doesn't recognise ASIO drivers, only WDM drivers. These should come in the included software.

Aquaman0112

Post by Aquaman0112 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:19 am

All you have to do is get Sonar 3, it works great with the Tascam...still some problems with starting songs, but if you just delay it to the second measure, it works!! :D

jim914

Post by jim914 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:02 pm

I have my 1884 set up with sonar 2 and it is working with the asio driver no problem.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:55 pm

I've been looking for a control surface\audio midi interface for a my new home studio. I've been a fan of Sonal for a while and I just got 3 producer edition. It's SO wonderful. I've heard mixed reviews about the 1884 and I was looking for some input from those of you that are using it. Let me know how its working out and if there are similar products that would fit my needs.

Aquaman0112

Post by Aquaman0112 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:23 am

Hi, Chris,
We have been using the FW-1884 for three months now with only minor glitches sporadically and it responds to everything! All the automation and effects, right at your fingertips? Who could ask for more? :D That's not to say it didn't take some work to get there......
A brand new P-4 w/512 RAM, Win XP (configured correctly [ie no ACPI!!]) and nothing else on your system works best....until the next big sys!
Good Luck with whatever you decide and feel free to let me know how you make out!

~Bob~

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:58 pm

Dear Friends!

Maybe you have some ideas.

I have a (bought 1 day ago)a Tascam Fw1884 with a P4 Sony Laptop and XP. The audio recording stopping after 15 bars in the Sonar 2.2. Could you tell me the correct SETUP at the options menu both in the Tascam and the Sonar?I mean i have a wrong timing setup.

Thanks . Peter

Bender

Post by Bender » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:51 am

I'm about to purchase the said counsel and I'm wondering if I need any additional analog inputs or does is the audio automatically converted to data and then transfered through the firewire?

Sorry if this isn't the place to post this... new to the board.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:01 pm

I'm looking at the tascam as well. Does anyone know if it only sends 8 tracks back and forth? If so, is there any kind of 'layer' so you can use it as a control surface for channels 9-17, etc... in sonar?