Midi device problem in SONAR

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
Tommy boy

Post by Tommy boy » Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:48 pm

Hi - I hope you can help me!
My Sonar(2.2) cannot find the midi part of my soundcard. I can select it from the options menu, but it does not show in the trackview midi output box.
The digital output part works fine, so I know that it's not my sound card. It has a GS wavetable synth midi, so it should play. As i said Sonar finds it in the midi device selection part, but there is nothing in the midi output on trackview... Can anyone help me please?

Wildman

Post by Wildman » Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:03 am

When you go to Options/Midi devices, does it show up???? Try arming an audio track in a new project. Open the new to Normal & it should give you midi & audio tracks. Set your input on a midi track & also an audio track & it should show up in the out field upon arming...... Do you have anyother midi devices? Have you tried using a DXI??? What kind of soundcard do you have installed??? Get back on this & I may know more...Wildman :roll:

Muze

Post by Muze » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:33 pm

I'm having the same problem.
When I go to options -> midi devices, the microsift midi mapper is the only option for output. i apparently have no options for input.

I am using a laptop...

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:36 pm

What soundcard are you using? You noted you are using a laptop so is it fair to assume it's usb?

One wierd issue I have noticed with some usb midi interfaces. You have to install the drivers while the device is unplugged. This really makes a difference.

Try this:
1- Uninstall your midi interface
2- delete the midi interface registry keys
3- Reboot
4- Reinstall the midi interface
5- Now plug in your interface and run device manager
6- Reboot
7- Start Cakewalk. See if it shows up. I bet it will!

Good Luck!

Muze

Post by Muze » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:39 pm

I opened a midi project, armed the track and it did give me 17 inputs options but no output options... for midi

does this mean that I won't be able to output audio?
if I am able to output mp3 and wav, i ahould be able to output an audio track recording...

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:34 pm

ITS ALL TO DO WITH THE DRIVER......IN SONAR ,OPTIONS,AUDIO,ADVANCED YOU NEED TO SELECT THE MME DRIVERS IN ORDER TO SEE THE MICROSOFT SYNTH.............THIS CAUSED ALOT OF LATENCY FOR ME. 30MS