Sonar 3 Toolbars Problem

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
edw

Post by edw » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:38 pm

I have a problem with the toolbars in sonar 3. All the buttons appear with the same icon in each group. i have re-installed a couple of times and all remains the same. anyone can help me
? There is anyone with the same problem?

jack_the_ex-cynic

Post by jack_the_ex-cynic » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:02 am

i have the same problem... it seems to have happened randomly. one day sonar is fine, the next it has this toolbar problem you described. i'm running windows 2000 sp4 on a p3 800. did a custom uninstall, removing everything, and re-install with no luck. as far as i know, no change in the operating system, although with windows you never know. i'm using sonar producer 3.1.1.

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:56 am

It is a graphics card issue. Are you bith using NVidia graphics cards of some sort?

The quick fix is to lower your graphics card acceleration one notch but that will put more strain on the CPU.

Make sure you have the latest drivers from NVidea if you already have these drivers then reinstall them.

This should fix the problems.

jack_the_ex-cynic

Post by jack_the_ex-cynic » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:32 pm

i am using nvidia, and now that i think about it, i recently re-installed an older nvidia card, a tnt2, trying to troubleshoot some monitor problems and i think that's probably when it started. the "newer" card is a geforce2 mx of some sort. if newer drivers don't fix it then i will put the newer card back in, as installing the older one did not help the monitor situation.

thanks!