Error Message when opening a certains song.

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:04 pm

All of a sudden whenever I try to open a certain song SONAR says that there is an error with SONAR.exe and then crashes..After that a message pops up saying that there was an error in MFC42.DLL. My other songs work and this song was working the other day but now I whenver I try to open it I get these messages. What is going on???

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:56 am

You can open that project in safe mode by holding down the shift key whilst opening the file.

When the file is open it will display message 'Open in Safe Mode' and then giv you the options of which plugins you want to load.

I would say no to all and then save the project again.

Reopen in normal mode and add the plugins one at a time, saving and reopening each time. When you get to the plugin causing the problem, open in safe mode load the plugins but answer no when you get to that one. Save and reopen again, use a different plugin.

MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:46 pm

Hey, thx for the reply. I opened the file while holding down shift and it opened but nothing came up asking me about the plugins and stuff..The file works fine but I still cant open it unless I hold down shift....why aren't I getting the message? Thx for the help.

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:11 am

It is obviously not a plugin that is causing the problem. I would go through the routine I described to be on the safe side.

Once you get to a where you can save and open in normal mode, then you can go back to working as before.

There are many things that can cause glitches in projects.

Another option is to enable the autosave function and set it to auto save after a certain amount of operations. (this way it will only save when it is convenient). Route the auto saves to save in there own folder and then if you do get a file that won't open you can go back through the autosave files until you come to the one that will opeen.

MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:08 am

k thx for the reply....ill try workin on it again later...

MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:51 pm

Im not sure what I did, if anything, but my songs load up fine now. Well, on to my next problem...thx again