Multi processing

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
kentothink

Post by kentothink » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:13 pm

Has anyone else been able to make use of the multiprocessing engine in Cakewalk 3.1? First of all, it's the greatest thing ever and keeps my CPU usage way down and i seldom have a dropout issue.

it has caused a few bugs though:

if i have a track solo'ed and it is playing, then i hit the solo button to bring back in the full mix, cakewalk sometimes crashes. this is also true if i have an effect off and i turn it on while cakewalk is playing.

if i hit any kind of save (CTRL+S or the little disk thing) while its playing, then cakewalk will almost always crash.

if i have the engine on and i try to mix down to a .wav file, then cakewalk crashes. this has something to do with the buses. if i turn certain effects in the buses OFF, it doesnt crash while mixing down, but i cant seem to have them all turned on in the buses and have it work. i have to turn off the multi-engine in order to mix down. not the end of the world, but weird.

anyone else having these issues?

kentothink

Post by kentothink » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:02 pm

better yet...is anyone USING a multiprocessing system?

Axeman

Post by Axeman » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:07 am

I'm using a Hyperthreaded P4 3.4Ghz chip and I have yet to encounter the problems you describe. I HAVE noticed a few glitches when mixing down to a .wav or MP3 file, but most of that dissapeared with the 3.1.1 update.

kentothink

Post by kentothink » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:17 pm

With your hyperthreaded system, can you enable the multiprocessing engine under the options-audio-advanced tab? my comments directly relate to that box being checked or unchecked. it seems that they have addressed most of my issues in the 3.1.1 version.

Axeman

Post by Axeman » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:55 am

Yes, it is checked on my setup....3.1.1 seemed to stablize my setup considerably.