DXi drum DR-008 not working correctly

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
Another Guest

Post by Another Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:47 pm

Not sure if I am doing something wrong. I have a midi drum file. I have set DR-008 up so the vav file corresponds to the note. i.e. note d5 is kick drum, DR-008 setup to be kick drum for note d5.

When I play the midi file, the drummer sounds like a first year student without any sence of timing. In other words, the timing is way off.

So I used only the kick drum, quarter notes, one measure and looped. The first two notes are correct, the third and fourth sound like off time eighth notes.

Any ideas?

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:49 pm

I think the problem you are having is with Fxpansion DR-008 is related to the fact that this is not a fully funtional software. You have to buy the full version from Fxpansion. It could be something else, but I feel confident that this is the case.

Andychap, what are you using?

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:17 pm

I don't have the DR008, I'm still back on Sonar 1.3XL.

It could be something to do with the soundcard and latency when mixing DXis and midi or audio there are always timing issues.

I would solo the drum midi file and the audio channel with the DR008 inserted and bounce it to audio. See if the timing is out then. If it is still out then I'm afraid I don't know what is causing this one.