Sonar 3 producer edition tutorials playback

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
jenny

Post by jenny » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:06 am

Hi
I have just bought Sonar and have an Edirol FA-101. When I play the 'How we do Sonar demo' I can hear this through my headphones (which are plugged into the Edirol). However, for some reason no matter what outputs I try to select I cannot hear playback of any of the tutorials. I suspect that I am not choosing the outputs correctly or something. Can someone please help me here? I am really new to using this (or any kind of software) and would like to learn but I'm having trouble getting started. Am I missing something here.
(By the way, I have checked all the volume switches and they're ok.)
Thanks
jen :?

jenny

Post by jenny » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:41 pm

Hi its Jen again

After looking at both the demo and the tutorial outputs I have found that the demo outputs are set to audio but the tutorial outputs are set to midi. Perhaps this is the problem. However, I am unable to select audio outputs under tracks/properties/outputs as the only options available are midi. This occurs despite going into options/audio/drivers and selecting the edirol drivers. Is there another place I can select an audio setting for the tutorials? or will I not be able to use the tutorials at all?

Thanks
jen.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:14 pm

O.K., try running your wave profiler. under OPTIONS/AUDIO
then go to advanced and chose mme drivers other than the wdm drivers.
then try OPTIONS/ MIDI DEVICES and choose which soundcard you want to use and move it to the top of the window this should get you running
good luck!

jenny

Post by jenny » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:35 am

Hi
Thanks for your help. This fixed my problem. Obviously the tutorials are only in midi. This won't mean that I will have problems recording audio through the Edirol later will it?

Jen :)

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:42 am

nope you should be all set for audio as well
glad i could help :wink: