HELP with importing & audio

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
shelia29

Post by shelia29 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:12 pm

First of all let me say that I am not very musically inclined. I bought Music Creator software to help make CD mixes for our Cheerleading routines. I did get it installed and the samples play just fine. I read the very small manual that comes with the software and figured out how to import the songs that I want to mix from the various CD's. Once I import them and save them to a wrk file, I can't get them to play. I get no sound, therefore cannot pull out the parts that I want to keep and cannot mix them with the other songs because I can't even tell which song is which.

I see all the postings regarding instruments, which makes me wonder if I even have the right software. The box and the gentleman @ BB said this software would do just what I wanted and is quite user friendly...well I am not having much luck. Please help me & my 6 & 7 year old cheerleaders! :!:

mick335

Post by mick335 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:07 pm

To be honest, Shelia (Sheila?), I think you could do this with something much easier software wise. I am not familiar with Music Creator (this is the Sonar forum) but I think I have a very old version so will dig it out and try it.

I have done CD mixes for my friend's dance troup, and I used Sound Forge (though that is not cheap). Sound Forge is superb, but now that you have Music Creator, let me see what can be done.

If it's easier, drop me a mail and I'll get back to you with details. Alternatively, if you have DSL, can send me the original songs and know where you want the songs 'segueing' (spelling doesn't look right!), ie at which time interval, I could even do the mix for you.

Let me know. My email is mick335@sbcglobal.net

Thanks, Mick.