Anyone else upgrade to producer?

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:58 pm

I just decided to upgrade my copy of Sonar Studio 3.11 to Producer. I'm sure everyone else here got the $99.00 offer that I did via email.

I live in Massachusetts, so I should have my discs soon - I'll post a review/comparison when I do. The main reason I upgraded was that I use GigaStudio 160 for a sampler and it's really buggy. I only use it for drums, so I'm hoping that V-Sampler works better.

The channel eq and full Pantheon don't really excite me as of yet. I have yet to use Pantheon LE and I use console eq or a Pultec or Sonalkis (very nice) plugs.

Any thoughts???

kentothink

Post by kentothink » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:22 am

Console eq? youre mixing out of the box? you lucky dog....

i have producer edition. its hot. the pantheon is neato...greatest chamber reverbs i ever did hear.

the channel eq feature is great. you just enable the eq and then you have it. its the same exact eq as the Sonitus, so if you are familiar with that, then you know how to use it and you know how good it can sound.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:57 pm

Hey Ken,
I do most of my mixing out of the box. I'm using a Ramsa DA7. I also use the Sonalakis EQ and Universal Audio's Pultec and Combridge.

I recieved my upgrade and to be honest, I am wishing I didn't upgrade. I have not had the chance to use V-Sampler yet and I have not been using the Parametric. I will have to check it out and post my findings.

I have heard rave reviews about Pantheon, but haven't gotten a chance to use it yet.

I will check out the new features and get back to you!