missing dllfor Cakewalk Pro Audio 8

Use this forum for all technical issues.
jie

Post by jie » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:17 pm

Please can someone help. I recently got a new computer and downloaded Cakewalk Pro Audio 8 from my old computer via a zip filein my e. mail. But on trying to load it I keep getting message." The application has failed to start becausePA8TTSAUD.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Where can I get this . Please help it is driving me mad searching for dll files on web. Thank you :(

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:15 am

Sounds like you just tried to copy the program from your old computer to your new. That won't work. You need to find your install disc and reinstall the program. Even if you find that .dll file, and manage to put it in the proper Windows directory, you'll probably find that it will keep NOT finding more and more files that it needs.
I have repaired programs before by replacing .dll's and .vxd's, etc., but that was because I inadvertantly nuked those shared files while uninstalling something else. And believe me, there will probably be a bunch of them.
What probably happened is that you put all the Cakewalk files that were in the Cakewalk directory on the new computer, but it has no idea where to look for certain other files scattered about, or it's simply missing files that may have been in, for instance, your Windows System directory that Cakewalk put in there upon the original install of your old computer.

Delete that entire folder, and install the program with your legally obtained install disc that you should still have from purchasing it. Installing is the only way that Cakewalk will place all the files in their proper places, and be able to access them.
Then, you can simply move your backed-up project files to the new computer. Do this with ANY program that has an install routine that is more complicated than a simple .exe file that makes it run.

Good luck,
HDB