Windows xp compatible with cakewalk Pro Audio 9

Use this forum for all technical issues.
tpowers@kmzr.com

Post by tpowers@kmzr.com » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:38 pm

Whenever I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, using windows xp
I'm getting popping sounds and hesitating, when I record audio

I have plenty of ram and hard disk space.

I've been using cakewalk for at least 10 years

My sound card is the Gina/Echo-2 in 8 out, never had any
problems with it.

Could it be the drivers? and if so how can I get a update without
having to buy a new audio card?

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:46 am

Sounds like a clock era. Is your sync setting configured for MIDI or Trigger and Flywheel? Should be trigger btw. Is your clock set for audio or midi?

PA9 will run fine under xp. I was a PA9 guy until Sonar 3. At work we just finished the CSi training cd for Sonar 4 and it looks great!

unlistedrock

Post by unlistedrock » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:05 pm

Since you are a PA 9 user I thought that you might be able to help me. I just got 2 echo laylas, they are 20 bit but that’s ok with me. They seem to do all right for playback and recording 2 mono tracks (one stereo) but I have 8 inputs on each of theses babies and I want to use at least 5 of them at the same time. I am using cakewalk 9. My problem is that I can’t seem to figure out how to setup Cakewalk to record more than 2 simultaneous tracks at one time. It recognizes both cards but only lets me assign one of the cards as an input at any given time. Also it only lets me assign the first two channels of the card as my inputs.
So basically all I can use is 2 channels when I have a capability of 16. I think that it has something to do with how I have my program set up, or maybe Cakewalk 9 just isn't capable of tracking more that 2 at one time. If anybody knows how to set up more than 2 inputs in Cakewalk 9, please help. If this is not possible then I need to get a different program. Does anybody have any recommendations for a program that is designed for multitracking? I also have a version of Cubase that runs on my machine but I am not very familiar with it. Is what I am trying to do possible in Cubase?
I am currently running a 2.8+ AMD Athalon XP with 1.5 gigs of ram and a 7200 rpm hard drive, so I'm sure my system is capable of recording several tracks at one time. I am convinced that the issue is in the program.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:47 am

Cakewalk will not recognize both cards at the same time. With your system you are wasting a lot of power. Upgrade to S4.

unlistedrock

Post by unlistedrock » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:56 pm

Thats what I figured. Thanks