Rookie needs help – no sound

Use this forum for all technical issues.
dreyax

Post by dreyax » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:07 pm

Hello
I have just installed sonar 4 but when I load the midi/audio tutorial files I just cannot hear anything even though I can see the wave and notations. Why is that?
My data:
Windows XP
Controller audio Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97

Options/Midi devices inputs and outputs MPU-401
Options/Audio/ drivers input Audio integrator Intel / output I have 3 Audio integrator ½ - ¾ - 5/6
Track outputs – Midi outputs is blank, if I select 1 MPU 401 and click OK, no sound again, If I look again under midi outputs it is blank again, same thing for audio outputs

Anybody has been through this before?

Thank you
D

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:45 am

Try selecting the MME drivers on the advanced page of the audio options. Then restart sonar.

Illprophet

Re.

Post by Illprophet » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:12 pm

Sounds like you need an aftermarket soundcard. A fine inexpensive one is SB Audigy2. When you install this hardware, the software it came with creates the input/output options for Cakewalk (or any other audio program) to detect. Are you using an interface? many people overlook this necessary utility (it looks like you are if the mpu401 is registering). You should have something similiar to what is shown below (both audio and midi outputs are pictured). As you can see, Cakewalk relies heavily on your soundcard and interface. Good luck and let us know if you solve the problem so others can use the info.

ImageImage