upgrade from the bottom for an OLD timer

Use this forum for all technical issues.
DAWG

Post by DAWG » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:14 pm

so, i have had CAKEWALK Professional for years 4.5/5.0 and never did get it upgraded so i could used it on XP -

now i would like to upgrade and get the ability to RECORD - 16 trax should be fine for my purposes - MAYbe 32, HOWEVER -

i would ALSO like to have the ability to print charts, notes and chord symbols, lyrics, etc, like i did with professional -

so, does anyone know where to go next - it looks like home studio does a good job of recording...

thanks for any help kids!

jeffers_mz

Post by jeffers_mz » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:56 pm

Old timer here too, I started with Cakewalk 2.0.

I recently bought Cakewalk Music Creator Pro, and it does everything you mentioned, except maybe printing charts, because I don't know what that is. It'll not only print notation, chords, lyrics and all, it'll light up all the notes of the tracks you select as they play.

Unlimited tracks, Midi and digital audio, comes with two soft synths, several effects for both Midi and DA, the only limitation is I think you can only record 4 audio tracks at once.

It has the same interface as Home Studio and Sonar, so later upgrades ought to have a quick learning curve, but unlike HS, you don't get access to Rewire instruments, and unlike Sonar, you don't get access to VST effects or VSTi instruments. I downloaded a VST effects wrapper, but Cakewalk makes a wrapper good for VST effects and instruments.

I got my copy at CompUSA for $80.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Tue May 17, 2005 12:31 am

If you want 16-32 tracks audio you need to go woth Sonar. It will do everything else you mention.

What kind of computer are you using? S4 needs quite a bit of power.