Cakewalk Home Studio 9

Use this forum for all technical issues.
MikeA

Post by MikeA » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:33 am

Morning Everyone,

I have recently bought a new PC running Vista Home Premium, and have tried to load my own copy of HS 9. (I have had this on a previous machine with XP, and it worked well there...)

Although the installation seemed to go well, there was one error message 105, which held up for a few moments, but the installation continued.

Now, when I click on the programme to open it, the homepage loads, but the HS9 'Blue welcome' page sticks and freezes and the cursor continually revolves without clearing for use.

I've tried uninstalling using the inbuilt uninstall, and also MS uninstall, and have tried reloading without success. When I use the MS uninstall, the message 'unable to locate the installation log file c:\programme files\cakewalk\cakewalk home studio9\CWHS9_uninst.isu' appears. Windows kindly tells me that uninstall will not continue, which is not very helpful....

I have to log off to stop the freeze.

Does anyone have a solution please?

Kind regards,

MikeA

Futureworld

Post by Futureworld » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi...

Did you ever find a solution to to your 'Migrating HS9 to Vista'problem?
I'm in the exact same position, same symptoms, same freezes etc.

Incidentally, rather than logging off, you can stop cwhs.exe from task manager...but you probably know that now! :oops:

rye_wilson

Post by rye_wilson » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:05 am

hey you might want to check this site out if you're still having problems. RegCure might work.

[url]
http://www.zaperrors.com/?t202id=111728 ... gwod8VI30g[/url]

autodrum

Post by autodrum » Tue May 19, 2009 4:59 am

I had the same problem with home studio 9.Try right clicking the icon and select run as administrator.Hopefully that will work.I also have vista home as my O.S.

Good luck