Sonar Crashed My Computer

Use this forum for all technical issues.
James

Post by James » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:29 am

Hey.

Was using Sonar for about 2 months. Yesterday when i started up my computer everything was fine i arrived at the opening screen and entered my password but when it signed in the only thing that came up was my desktop picture (no icons or task bar) and then it restarted. It does this continually until you turn it off. I believe that sonar may be responsisble can someone help me try and recover my recordings and over 30GB of music and video

Sonar_Simon

Post by Sonar_Simon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:12 am

Listen James it sounds like you have a CPU detection malfunction. Its happened to me before, what happens is when the computer turns on is that the fitting expands (soldering has obviously becomne faulty) but as the section cools the wire reconnects with the receiver causing the same reaction that is used to boot the computer thus restarting it. You see? Let me do some research for you and i'll get back to you cheers - SS

Sonar_Simon

Post by Sonar_Simon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:18 am

Hey. Me again i think i know what ur problem is and a way to retrieve your data. when u turn the computer on press F8 repeatedly until a menu appears prompting you to make a selection in how ud like to boot the computer. 'select safe mode with networking' using the arrow keys and press enter.

When the log in screen comes up another user will be present 'Administrator' select this identity and this will allow you to enter all ur identities. connect a networking cable or memory device (USB or External Hard drive) select information that you would like to retreive and simply copy to the device or shared folder on the other computer. this should help with getting all your recordings off, dunno about saving the computer.

Stay Classy - SS