Splitting and numbering tracks

Use this forum for all technical issues.
fifthbeatleguy

Post by fifthbeatleguy » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:58 am

I am new to Cakewalk Pyro and was wondering if anyone out there might have some advice on this. I'd like to know if there is a way to create and title one continous track that is composed of several different splits (all from one recording) and have it listed as one track and not several different tracks. Is there a way to do this with CW Pyro 2003? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
-Stephen

CraigarS

Post by CraigarS » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:47 pm

fifthbeatleguy,

There's a couple of ways you can accomplish this.

When I first started using Cakewalk and was less than proficient, I'd use several tracks in lieuw of punch-ins, splitting where I needed and then dragging the individual pieces into one track - making sure not to shift the track fragment left or right with the mouse (it might require playing with crossfades, etc to make sure overlapping portions are properly mixed - if you don't split precisely). Once all of the individual sections were in place on the one track, I'd do a shift-click of each piece to select them and then do a combine, so future moves would be of just one larger piece. You may have to enlarge the track view in order to not miss any small sections.

Another thing you could do is to do an export:bounce to tracks, soloing the tracks you want (or muting the tracks you don't want), and then you'd have all of the pieces on one track.

Hope either of those ideas helps you out.

CraigarS