MACKIE DSP CARD

Use this forum for all technical issues.
COUTSY

Post by COUTSY » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:13 am

I AM TRYING TO INSTALL A MACKIE DSP CARD ON MY TWO COMPUTERS. RUNNING PRO 9 ON XP.

ONE COMPUTER DOES NOT LOAD THE CARD CORRECTLY SO I GET ERROR MESSAGES WHEN I TRY TO USE THE PLUGINS ON CAKEWALK TRACKS

THE OTHER COMPUTER SEEMS TO LOAD CARD CORRECTLY BUT LOCKS UP WHEN I TRY TO USE A PLUGIN ON A GIVEN TRACK--HELP!!

SOUND LIKE A BAD CARD MAYBE??

COUTSY

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:41 am

I'm trying to remember the specs in PA 9 but I think it's more likely that PA9 isn't compatible with that card.

When PA9 was introduced there were few DSP cards around with the Yamaha ones being the most common. These were analogue X cards, so PA9 was made complatible for Analogue X standards.

The Mackie DSP and most other DSP now use DirectX as standard and this was an area that PA9 was very limited in. This is just a guess why the card doesn't want to work

I would download a demo of Sonar or Homestudio and give it a try. If it works then upgrade your cakewalk software.

You are not likely to get the full benefits of such a great card when using software which is a few years old now. :D

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:07 am

I have a UAD-1. In ProAudio 9 you can only use it as a destructive directx plugin.

Example: If you have a track recorded and want to put an LA-2A on it, you have to highlight the audio and process the track. ProAudio 9 does not allow you to use this card as an insert. Attempting to do so will casue wierd things to happen.

Also, the drivers MUST be installed BEFORE the card is inserted into the machine.

I am using Sonar 3 with the card and it's amazing. Time for an upgrade!