Steinberg Groove agent in Sonar 3

Use this forum for all technical issues.
Axeman

Post by Axeman » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:15 pm

Okay, I am kind of new at soft synths, but I have installed GA into Sonar 3 and my VST adapter is working correctly. However, when I try to start Groove Agent, I get an error saying that the MIDI port is not accessible, therefore nothing happens in groove agent. The card I am using is an Audigy. Yes, I know, consumer level card, but it's all I have at my home studio for now. The Audigy only gives 2 ports in. I have tried both, as well as different combinations being assigned in Sonar, selected, deselected. I have yet to hear a note from Groove Agent. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this? What am I doing wrong here? :shock:

Wildman

Post by Wildman » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:08 am

I use Groove Agent but it was no easy chore to get it up & running. I need to look into it for you to tell you how it is installed but I have it with a ton of set ups working well. Wildman

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:26 pm

Be careful about the order you start things in, as well as the order they were installed in. Did you ADD THE VST synth into your vst wrapper?

If you didn't it won't work.

Good Luck

F@KKER

Post by F@KKER » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:17 pm

...while on the subject, who can get GA to either; export midi from within Sonar, or export an audio/wave file. At this point, I have a friend do it for me in SX and then I import the wave files. :(

F@KKER