home studio 9 HELP

Use this forum for all technical issues.
annie

Post by annie » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:19 am

Hi there my boyfriend has placed Home Studio 9 on my computer which has Windows 2000 operating system.

We have got Cakewalk to the point where it will record numerous tracks however, when you save them and try to re open the file it and Cakewalk freezes up!!

HELP HELP thanks Annie

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:54 pm

I have a few questions:
1- How much ram do you have?

2- Do you have any services running that don't need to be (any downloads running in the background that you're not aware of??)

Is your software genuine or is it warez or a copy? Many times there are little bugs that show up when you don't use genuine software. Also, is HS9 supported under NT/2K? if not it may have something to do with that.

Another thing to try would to be the following:

1- Open up a new project
2- Import ONE of the audio tracks from the project that won't open into this project. Continue importing the tracks one by one and see what happens.

It is possible one of the tracks (or the file itself) got corrupted and isn't loading properly. It's also possible that your machine can't handle loading so many wavs at once.

Are you loading a project from a cd-r, zip or other removeable media? If so, transfer the project onto your hard drive anrd try to open it from there.

Hope this helps!
Good Luck!

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:16 pm

I think PA 9 is a 16/32 bit application and saves files for that format. 2000 uses a different file format (can't remember what it is called). This may be the problem.

PA 9 operates best under win98 (so many people say). May you could try a dual OS system. There is a stripped doewn version of Win 98 on the net somewhere which is great for a DAW, none of the bell and whistles of windows.

I use a dual OS now whith ME and Win 98 just for the DAW and it is rock solid.