Plugin Importing

Use this forum for all technical issues.
unklejman

Post by unklejman » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:11 pm

Hi, I isntalled cwpa9 on a new computer and it doesnt have all of the plugins that it did when I used it on my old computer. I tried copying all of the files from the old install to the new install that weren't already present, but they still don't show up in the menu. Has anyone experienced this, and does anyone know how to get this stuff back?

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:12 pm

You have to reinstall them. Just coppying the contents of the folder won't make registry errors, etc...

Install them using the supplied disks. If you're talking VST plugs, you have to run the wizzard in the vst wrapper to get them to show up.
Good Luck!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:15 pm

I never installed thes, they came with cakewalk. As far as the VST wrapper i have no idea what this is, or where to find the wizard. These FX were under the audio effects menu. They were basic things like pitch change, flange, parametric EQ, and reverb.

unklejman

Post by unklejman » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:17 pm

Oops, forgot to log in, but yeah that was me.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:49 pm

Are they grayed out or did they not shpw up? My mistake there is no VST wrapper in PA9.

Is it possible you did a custom install and forgot to install those pluggs? Is your version of Direct X Installed and up to date?