Prodigy 7.1 and Music Creator 2003

Use this forum for all technical issues.
MusicMan

Post by MusicMan » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:27 pm

The Prodigy 7.1 soundcard is suppose to be compatable with cakewalk products. Yes I did my homework. I ran into a problem however, Music Creator 2003 fails to work due to its defalt sttings. So before installing the prodigy 7.1 you should open CWMC and go to | Options | Adio | Advanced | and check always use MME inteface even when WDM drivers are available. If you already installed the Prodigy 7.1 you will notice that CWMC cannot open at all. If so, follow these instructions to fix it...

Here is how…(disable sound card)

1. Go to | control panel | Sound speech and audio | Sound and audio devices | Hardware |
Highlight the “Prodigy 7.1” select properties, and select “do not use this device“, restart the computer.
(this caused an error in window’s start-up from which it recovered.)
Music Creator 2003 will now open.

(limit drivers used by CWMC)

2. Open CWMC and go to | options | Audio | Advanced |
Then check “always use MME interface even when WDM drivers are available”

( enable sound card )

3. Go to | control panel | Sound, speech, and audio | Sound and audio devices | Hardware |
Highlight the “Prodigy 7.1” select properties and select “ use this device“, and push the enable button and follow the instructions, restart the computer.
(this caused an error in window’s start-up from which it recovered.)

Now Cakewalk Music Creator 2003 should work normally provided the sound card control panel is set properly.