recording only on the right side?

Use this forum for all technical issues.
guest234234

Post by guest234234 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:20 am

Hello!

When i record my guitar into Sonar 2, it seems to be recording, mono only, to the right side of the track - how come its not recording in stereo? Is there a setting I am missing?

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:59 am

Not alotta info, so let's ask some questions. What input(s) to the computer are you using...soundcard, etc? What kind of cable(s) are you using from the guitar/processor/etc. to the the input(s)? (If you run a mono cable into a stereo input, you ain't gonna get stereo. You just shorted one of the input +'s to ground).
If you are SURE you have a stereo signal going into the inputs, is your software set up properly to record both the left and right channels(of a soundcard), or, say, input 1 and 2 of a multichannel input? If you are using a multichannel input, do you have them panned properly? Do you have the tracks in the software panned properly? Is it actually recording two tracks, (or a single stereo track)?
See if the answer is in the questions. If not, supply more info, and I'm sure the answer can be found.

Good luck,
HDB

Post by guest » Mon May 10, 2004 12:46 am

I am having similiar problems. I am only getting the left channel of sound when I playback a recording that I have done with a microphone thru a firewire 410 that feeds into my Cakewalk home studio software. I am redording stereo bu still only getting one track.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ron

andychap

Post by andychap » Mon May 10, 2004 8:52 am

If you are recording a mono source, which a mic and guitar is then you should choose only the left hand channel of your input. This will record every thing to one mono track then you can clone the track and pan left and right or use a third party plug in to create a psuedo stereo track.