tempo slowing down for no apparent reason, erratic tempo

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
astro

Post by astro » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:00 pm

Sometimes when I am recording midi with Sonar 2.0 (also using gigastudio) I find the tempo becoming erratic and slowing down randomly. What is causing this and how do I fix it? :x

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:11 am

Your computer could be slow, or too many applications might be running in the background. I have turned off all my TSRs in Win XP just to get maximum CPU time for my recording.

Also, try reducing the buffer size.

Options|Audio|General tab

Down at the bottom of the popup, you will see Wave Profiler. Click that first to profile your sound card. If that doesn't help, increase the buffer size to a higher number. I have mine set at 330msec.

Good luck.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:21 am

It is not the computer speed or resourses. It might be applilcations that run in the background of XP. What are TSR?

Mike

Aquaman0112

Post by Aquaman0112 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:09 am

The prob could be as simple as going into your edit/time change option. It looks the same as the metronome button but is located to your left near the 2:2 button. Click it and set your option and time changes from there...
Hope this helped!

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:22 am

Also, make sure you are syncing to Audio and not midi. syncing to midi (if you're using audio) will casue some wierd time changes!

jpdesroc

Post by jpdesroc » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:41 pm

I had the same problem and finaly found that running Gigastudio and Sonar on the same machine causes Sonar's tempo to get unstable..
To get worse GigaStudio & Sonar need multiclient audio card to work together on the same machine and both soft battle against each other for the audio card causing audio tracks (when used with midi in the same project) to stop playing in the middle of a play session while GigaStudio sound is still there.
The solution, Two separate machines running GigaStudio & Sonar.
JP :?