audio stopped with MIDI

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
Midiot

Post by Midiot » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:59 am

ok, i am trying to record an audio track and already have 2 midi tracks down. Everytime I hit R to arm the audio track to record, the AUDIO STOPPED signal comes on and won't let me record audio. I can't figure it out.

My setup is a basic soundblaster type card, nothing special. I've been able to record this way before, just cant seem to do it now.

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:29 pm

If youre havign probs with the soundcard may be worth deleting the soundcard from your system setup and reinstalling so it gets a fresh install.

Midiot

Post by Midiot » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:08 pm

ok, tried that. Didnt seem to help it. I'm going to switch soundcards tonight and see if thats the problem.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:11 pm

Everytime I hit R to arm the audio track to record, the AUDIO STOPPED signal comes on and won't let me record audio

Two questions:

1- How are your latency settings? Sounds like your running out of juice

2- Are you trying to arm the track while the audio is playing? Try arming the track when the audio is stopped.

I think 1 is probably more likely

Midiot

Post by Midiot » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:18 am

i do have the latency slider all the way to the left. but i think i did adjust that to see if it was causing the problem and i dont remember it changing anything.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:05 pm

OK, that setting didn't help. What about your buffer size in SOnar?
Buffer on soundcard??

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:09 pm

The latency slider doesn't want to be all the way to the left you ahve to move it towards the right. It will increase latency but enable the audio engine to run. If you are only recording audio straight into the PC then the latency shouldn't be a problem. Try it at about 100 ms and see if it works then.

Also make sure there are no other applications running in the background which take up processing power and you also have DMA enabled on the HD.