PYRO cannot use "XXX.WAV" because it is not a 44.1

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
stingray67

Post by stingray67 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:40 pm

Help!!! [ I do genealogy work and part of what I do is interview people. Most of them are very old and I often find that I have to repeat my questions because they can't hear very well or wait several seconds before they begin to answer. All this uses up precious digital audio space (I am using a Radio Shack Digital Voice Recorder model # 14-1199). I recently purchased a software program called "Cakewalk" to edit my audio files. They are saved in the WAV format on my hard drive. Here are the properties of the WAV files: Audio format is PCM, Avg data rate is 22.50 kb/second, Sample rate is 11.25, Audio sample rate is 16 bit, channels are 1 (mono). The problem I am having is getting my software to recognize my WAV files. I always get a message that reads: PYRO (Cakewalk) cannot use "XXX.WAV " because it is not a 44.1 KHZ (CD-quality) file. I am running Windows Media Player on my computer. Is there some way I can fix this? If I buy different software will I have the same problem? I hope you can help. Otherwise, the life stories of many elderly people will never make it to CD's.
[/b]

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:24 pm

Several things you can do. One would be to simply run a batch converter and change all the sample rates.

What I would suggest is getting a license for Cakewalk ProAudio V7-9. The licenses can be obtained fairly cheap ($10-$30 USD) and the application will work well for you.

If it were me, I would go with either Sony's (Sonic Foundry) SoundForge or Cool Edit Pro (Digidesign, I believe).

Both are fantastic programs aimed at exactley what you are trying to do. Pyro is more of a consumer based music tool.

Good Luck!