Home Studio 9.01 and Wondows Media player

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
allgoo19

Post by allgoo19 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:30 am

Wow, I'm the first besides Mod!

Here's my question.
How can I insert Windows Media player files in Home Studio 9? It seems that it can insert wave files only. Is there any plug-in available, or any other way to get around?
Thanks in advance.

I'll tell everyone in the other forums about this site. :D

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:48 am

In HS9.01 you only have the choice of importing .WAV files. You must first convert your audio file to .WAV. I don't think there is any other way except, maybe...

Open HS9.01 and arm an audio track. Connect you Speaker Output to your Line In and play your Windows Media file. It will be recorded to a Audio track in HS9.01. You will then be able to do what you want. You will then have to export the file to .WAV format.

There might be another way, but I am not thinking of it right now.

Good luck.

allgoo19

Post by allgoo19 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:00 am

Thanks Brian D.
I almost gave up getting any answers here, so I I did a little research on my own outside the HomeStudio9.01 and I found the solution. Using MusicMatch, recording it as .wav file.

By the way, Brian D. Your name sounds so familiar to me, like I have heard it thousands of times elsewhere??? :lol:

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:27 am

allgoo19 wrote:Thanks Brian D.
I almost gave up getting any answers here, so I I did a little research on my own outside the HomeStudio9.01 and I found the solution. Using MusicMatch, recording it as .wav file.

By the way, Brian D. Your name sounds so familiar to me, like I have heard it thousands of times elsewhere??? :lol:
There are at least 7,213,515.15 Brian D's in the known Universe. Some are in the parallel universe that transends both space and time. HA! See ya back on the Carvin BBS. :D