Echo in routing - urgent help please

Use this forum for all technical issues.
Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:50 pm

Please help if you can. Foolishly, yesterday I thought I'd update my drivers for my basic soundcard and my Delta TDIF (Midiman) dig/ang router. However, as usual things went pear shaped. Finally I've managed to get everything uptogether (after reloading Sonar twice!). Everything is ok except when recording from my POD PRO into my Tascam dig desk on ch 1 and 2 (which are allocated to XLR input) I get an echo from Sonar whenever I play. This appears to be because the signal is immediately routed back into the desk and through the selected output channel in Sonar. I can stop this by deselecting DIRECT OUT on the desk, but then I'm not able to record the signal! I know it can work because is has been perfect for the last few months. I've got 'something' wrong but just can't find it. Plese help if you can. Thank you.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:55 pm

Sorry! Forget the last post. I've just reminded myself of the golden rule -read the Help screen first! For those who do come across a similar situation, you need to deslect the channels in INPUT MONITORING. You can still hear everything being played back, aswell as what you are playing, but your new signal doesn't get routed back on you. Oh well, you live and learn (rather a lot in my case).

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:04 pm

Congrats on solving your problem! Similar (midi echos) can also occour when your leyboard has Local Control on, so make sure that is set up correctley whenever reconfiguring your studio.

Good Luck and Congrats!