Session Drummer

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Horton

Post by Horton » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:14 am

HI, I use cakewalk pro audio 9.0 and I want to use session drummer for drums but it already has preset bar lengths for the beats Like 7/3/2/ e.t.c but none set at 1 so you can tell it how many bars you want you have go with what they have, some of the drum fills have 1 bar lenth option but you cant have drum fills right through the song,

is there a way round this anyone?

Or can anyone recomend some software drums i can download and use.
pref. for free hahahah

thanks Aron

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:04 am

If you want a one bar drum riff then you can always create it yourself with a midi keyboard or entering the notes in the piano roll. Save it as a midi file and then use it in session drummer, that's all the loops and riffs are in session drummer.

If you look in the drum styles folder that session drummer uses you will see all the midi files, just open one of the files in a midi track and you can see all the beats and styles at different tempos. Just copy a bit that is similar to what you want, edit it and save it under a different name in the same folder.

A good piece of software to use for creating drum tracks is Jammer Pro. You can edit the drums to your hearts content and in any style and kit that you want.

Aron

Post by Aron » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:52 am

thanks for that Andy that worked fine, I'll also try to get jammer pro