Guitar Tracks questions....

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Bobyota

Post by Bobyota » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:10 am

At the bottom of the mix screen is a cpu meter. While I record it's usually not too high, around 30%. But every so often it shoots up to 80% or so and sometimes causes a dropout. I know this may not be totally Guitar Tracks related, but what could be running on my computer that could be causing this?

I recorded one track and the guitar solo was too load. How do I go back and just lower the volume of that track at just the time of the solo?

Thanks for any help :)

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:20 am

Don't know about the dropout but you can change the volume and the pan on any track anywhere. Right click on your solo clip and choose envelope then choose either volume or pan. A line will appear in the middle of your clip move it up or down. You can also place dots on the line by double clicking on the line. Then you can move the dots seperatly, one low and one high to create a fade in.

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:16 pm

The spike in your cpu usage is probably being caused by some background task running in windows. Make sure you turn them all off especially screen savers, task schedulers and anti virus.