No MIDI drum playback

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Geoff

Post by Geoff » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:37 pm

Basic Problem :- When I record from my keyboard to Cakewalk 2004 all the other channels - Poly, Solo, Bass and Chord Accompaniment are OK but not drums nothing appears in that track and therefore nothing plays back but all the others do. If I set my keyboard to precussion so that the notes play precussion instruments they record OK and then playback OK.

I am doing all the basics right armiang, recording etc. Also if I play the tracks from Tutorial 1 the drums play back OK then. What am I doing wrong.

Technical Details :- Keyboard - Technics SXC-AX7, Computer - Windows XP operting system, 2.2 GHz Celeron Proccesor, 256 mB RAM, 36.7 GB hard drive.

Geoff

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:46 pm

What channel are your drums assigned to? Try assigning them to Channel 10 and see if that helps.

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:10 pm

Channel 10 is the default channel but some older Technics keyboards used channel 16 so give them both a go.

Geoff

Post by Geoff » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:41 pm

I have tried all the chanells but none work. Chanell 16 on my keyboard is dedicated for volume. Thanks any way

Geoff

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:45 pm

Sorry I should have added I'm interfacing between my keyboard and computer with a EDIROL USB MIDI UM-1SX interface

Geoff