HS2002 - CD won't play in CD player

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
dolph

Post by dolph » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:39 pm

I'm using CW HS2002. I've been having a problem creating a CD which is playable in an ordinary CD player. No problem in creating an Audio File and exporting ot to a wav file (44100 khz / 16 bit). I use NERO Burning ROM to write the wav file to a CD, and I do it as an Audio CD. The CD however only plays in my CD ROM with WIN Media File Player, but would not play in an ordinary CD player. Is it because I use a re-writable CD or is there something else I don't know about ?
Can anybody help please ?!

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:47 pm

Some older cd players have this problem. Try it in a newer cd player.
The factory player in my volvo will sometimes refuse to take burned discs, sometimes it plays them fine - go figure!

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:40 pm

It's because it's a rewritable CD. CD-RW wont play in normal CD players. At least this is what I've heard. I've never written to CD-RW myself because of this and therefore steered clear. A mate of mine had the same problem. When he mentioned rewritable it became clear why. Write to a CD-R and I bet it will play audio files ok.

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:22 am

Both of the above plus you are making a data and audio CD mixed. When playing in the PC CD drive it is actualy playing the wave file. Try just burning it as an audio only CD.