mic problem

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
ripley

Post by ripley » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:10 pm

hi,i just installed cakewalk 2002 and all i`m trying to do is record my voice in it but nothing happens.
im not sure how to set it all up so i can record my voice,could anyone please help me,it looks very complicated,thank you :D

PHAROAH

Post by PHAROAH » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:04 am

WHAT SOUNDCARD ARE YOU USING?..LATER

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:04 pm

MAKE SURE YOUR MIC INPUT ON YOUR SOUNDCARDS MIXER IS INABLED AND TURNED UP. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU ARE PLUGGED INTO MIC INPUT ON YOUR SOUNDCARD

ripley

Post by ripley » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:38 pm

hello PHAROAH, the sound card im using is a Sigma Tel C-Major Audio,
my mic is in the right place and i tried it on sound recorder and that worked fine.
:?

PHAROAH

Post by PHAROAH » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:43 pm

Hey Ripley, when you open cakewalk,go to options...audio,and run the wave profiler,this should set up your card for operation with cake,after that go to your windows settings and make sure that all your options are set for your card...then when you open cake,set your new track to record by selecting the input.."from your card" and set your levels,thats it!......if I can help further, let me know!.....hope this helps!......later

ripley

Post by ripley » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:05 pm

hi PHAROAH,
i hate to be a hassle but if you would`nt mind could you tell me step by step how to set everything up do that i can record on cake.
i`ve tried so much that im ready to go mad, i thought it would be simple but when you go into the settings and stuff its complicated, thank you PHAROAH :P

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:28 am

Ripley, you can reach me at......PHAROAH222@MSN.COM and that way we dont have to go thru this forum, just to make this easy,now e-mail me with the steps you've gone tru so far......later

PHAROAH

Post by PHAROAH » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:41 am

sorry I forgot to login.....later

ripley

Post by ripley » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:18 pm

hiya
all i`ve done is installed cakewalk and run the wave profiler.
i cant arm for recording the 1st two audio tracks but i cana rm the next =
MIDI track but it does`nt record my voice all though i can hear my voice =
at the same time.
i think i might need to be thought from the start, i`m sorry but
cakewalk is soo hard to understand, i`d be greatful for any starters,
thank you

PHAROAH

Post by PHAROAH » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:27 pm

do you have a manual for your software?..it should give you a walkthru,I've got to go now but will get back to you on this........later

ripley

Post by ripley » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:29 pm

dude listen, dont ya think that if the manual made sense i`d look at it.
im asking you for advice and i cant find any help anywhere else so if you got some tips or advice tell me, cause this aint going no where