install

Use this forum for all technical issues.
HO_ouse

Post by HO_ouse » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:30 pm

i try to instal cakewalk music creator 2003 on my computor and it wont install, i have direct x 9.0b installed and everytime i try to install cakewalk it says i need direct x 8.1. i need some help here anyone?

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:22 am

Go here and get the patch you need to install your software. It explains it all on the site.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/DX9.ASP

Andy

H0_ouse

Post by H0_ouse » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:56 pm

i did that before.*it dosent work* it sets the tempo settings atuomatically and all the other settings arent installed. and i f i want to reinstall it after i do that it wont. any other way???

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:51 pm

This was in the Begginers thread. Give it a try and see if this works.
Guest wrote:You can solve this problem by opening regedit by clicking on run on the start menu and typeing in regedit
in the directory structure on your left browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/DIRECTX

Double click on version in the right hand panel and copy the value to a text editor or write it down

replace the value with 4.08.01.0810

run the setup program
cakewalk sonar should install

after installation goback to the registry editor and change the value back to the number it was before. this will probably be something like 4.09.00.0900 but may be different depending on when you downloaded directx 9.0

HO_ouse

Post by HO_ouse » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:21 am

Great guest that worked but it didnt.
i have a problen tht is still there but i thoughti waz direxctx.
when i try to record the tempo is set and i cant ge it off,
so when i record the tempo is recorded.
i cant get it off.

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:05 am

By tempo do you you mean the metronome is being recorded? I don't know Music Creator but if it's the same as Sonar go to the options menu > project > metronome and uncheck the box to turn it off.

If you want to hear a metronome but not record it you will have to use the PC speaker instead of a midi note.

HO_ouse

Post by HO_ouse » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:21 pm

hey that worked thanks.