emailing projects

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
jb4fun

Post by jb4fun » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:18 am

Hi,
I'm glad I found you guys. I just started working with cakewalk with a friend and we are starting to email projects to each other and are having trouble. He has cakewalk guitar tracks and I have cakewalk 8. We save a project on his computer as a .wrk file and then send it to me, so I can work on it at home. And whenI get home and I download it, it says "some of the external files can not be found and will be replaced with silence". Now silence can be golden, but not now.

Please guide me, Jason

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:30 am

Unfortunately when you save as a wrk file it just saves the settings and the paths to the audio which is saved on the original hard drive. You have to save as bun. files or bundles. This will bundle all the audio up in the one file. They are very large files for emailing though.

Pootle

Post by Pootle » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:57 am

Clean out your audio data first to keep the CWB file a bit smaller, but, as AndyChap says, they will still be very large files for emailing.

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:20 am

Pootle is that you, of Pootle CM :D

Pootle

Post by Pootle » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:25 am

Hi Andy,

Yes, c'est moi!!! (Who else would have a name as daft as Pootle?!) :wink:

Didn't know this forum existed until today. Oh dear, that's another few hours' work that won't get done each day now I have another forum to surf...

You are quite an expert at Sonar - I will know who to ask next time I'm about to flush the manual down the loo :D

Emma

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:29 am

Me, expert :shock:. You won't spend long surfing here, it's very quiet. No OT though so it's work, work, work :D

There's a guy called Brian D on this forum, he might be the man to talk to. Check out his web site.