sync problem

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
Kaf

Post by Kaf » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:01 am

HI. I have Athelon 14G, 512 ram, audigy soundcard. recently, when I record an audio track and play it back, it sounds half a second of the metronome. any advice to avoid this?? anybody know the best configuraion for the "audio" options from the tool bar?
thanks

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:45 pm

You're really not giving that much information. Could you define the problem in more detail?

I am assuming that the audio is not lining up with the metronome - the timing is off.

If this is the case, you may want to change your buffer size in both the Audio pannel and on your soundcard's setup screen.

Also- try moving the latency slider further to the left (fast) side.

If you are recording audio, set your clock to 'trigger and flywheel' If this is set incorrectly your audio will sound like a tape recorder that is running at incorrect speeds.

Make sure your soundcard's drivers are updated to the most recent version (this will solve LOTS of probs!)

I am hesitent to give you specifics becasue I don't know the specifics of your system.

oops

Post by oops » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:50 pm

Go to options/audio/controlpanel/ and turn the latency slider down while recording. You should be able to get around 5mls of latency with your setup. If this is too confusing for you... Take the sound out of your soundcard to the input of a small mixer, record also into this mixer, and send only the parts being recorded back to the input on your soundcards. You should now have latency free monitoring..... Good luck.