HS2004- How to lower volume on just a couple notes?

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Mr Bogus

Post by Mr Bogus » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:34 am

Hello,

I just got HS 2004 and cannot figure out how to edit an audio track the way I want to. Here is the deal. I imported some midi tracks fine, and have my drums, bass, etc. playing along... I then add a track, and record some guitar chords on top. I then add another track and lay down a lead guitar lick or two.

Now I listen and I feel the solo sounds pretty good except for like one note. It appears that I have struck the string too hard and it is too loud and is a bit out of place in comparison to the rest of the track. I can see that the wave form is bigger there too. So I want to "soften" or tone down that little note so it sounds like the rest of the solo, without having to replay it, or punch in and out etc.

Is there a way to micro edit that wave form, so I can soften that note (about a second of the track)? Seems like there should be a way. I just can't find it.

MrBogus

Post by MrBogus » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:43 am

Figured it out - Select the part by dragging in the timeline and then selecting 3 db quieter... Easy...

adrian

Post by adrian » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:40 am

you could try to compress the whole track, that usually softens notes that are a little too loud for the rest of the track