Audio Engine will not start... (Sonar 3)

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
GMThomas

Post by GMThomas » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:52 pm

Hello, I am kinda new to the forum.... and need some help, please. Well, I have been through it twenty five times and everything is configured correctly.... but, when I load a DXi into Sonar 3, the audio engine just will not start. :( There's gotta be an easy answer out there somewhere. I click the audio engine button to start it (should start automatically).... but no luck. The midi in & out are correct and the midi channels all seem to be right. And, the mute is not on and the volume is up. Midi Echo is on. Yes, I have tried deleting the aud.ini file and restarting Sonar.... still nothing. Does it have something to do with "midi ports" or maybe my soundcard (Echo MIA)? When I play my GigaStudio sampler through Sonar.... it works great. The same with my synth modules... no problem. It's just these darn DXi plug-ins that seem to give me a fit. I mean, I don't really need to use the DXi ... I have plenty of Giga sounds to work with.. but, it's a shame to have such a wonderful audio sequencer and not be able to fully use all it's great features. Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions that ya'll may have. Thanks in advance, Gary

bcmusic76

Post by bcmusic76 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:22 am

did you fix it? it drives me nuts too! please email at skip@monochromevision.net thanks!

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:04 pm

You mention you have GigaStudio, you are not trying to run them togetehr are you? I would suggest removing giga from your system and trying that, the Endless Wave driver is buggy at best and causes wierd issues woth other programs even when it's not running.

jBravo

Post by jBravo » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:39 pm

Hi, does anyone have a fix for this problem? I have the same problem and it is really annoying . Really appreciate if anyone can post the fix in this forum. Thx, jB.

Ber

Post by Ber » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:47 pm

Try to cancel all your midi ports in Midi Options.
Ber

[quote="GMThomas"]Hello, I am kinda new to the forum.... and need some help, please. Well, I have been through it [b]twenty five [/b]times and everything is configured correctly.... but, when I load a DXi into Sonar 3, the audio engine just will not start. :( There's gotta be an easy answer out there somewhere. I click the audio engine button to start it (should start automatically).... but no luck. The midi in & out are correct and the midi channels all seem to be right. And, the mute is not on and the volume is up. Midi Echo is on. Yes, I have tried deleting the [i]aud.ini [/i]file and restarting Sonar.... still nothing. Does it have something to do with "midi ports" or maybe my soundcard (Echo MIA)? When I play my GigaStudio sampler through Sonar.... it works great. The same with my synth modules... no problem. It's just these darn DXi plug-ins that seem to give me a fit. I mean, I don't really need to use the DXi ... I have plenty of Giga sounds to work with.. but, it's a shame to have such a wonderful audio sequencer and not be able to fully use all it's great features. Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions that ya'll may have. Thanks in advance, Gary[/quote]