installing music creator 2003

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
harleydyna

Post by harleydyna » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:24 pm

received my music creastor 03. Put it in my drive, hit install. it needed to install DirectX8.1, I followed instructions and it came back with the msg..setup successful. went back to install, and it did it again (installed directx8.1 again with another successful screen. Did this several times, but can't get anyfurther. Help, so I can enjoy :(

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:37 pm

Sounds like a faulty installer program. Try pressing CTRL ALT DEL between the reinstalls and rebooting the system.

3pheMeraLmiX

Post by 3pheMeraLmiX » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:01 am

I'm having the same problem... don't know what it coul dbe that's causing the error :(

bAM

Post by bAM » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:12 pm

Did you, by chance, already have D-X9.0 installed on your machine? Whether or not you have it, CWMC'03's Installer will think that you continually need to install 8.1 untill you trick it into thinking otherwise. I just did this last night.

There is also a patch that you can get from the SUPPORT area of CW.com That might be the fix you need. If the patch doesn't work, then you'll probably have to get inside of the registry.

harleydyna

Post by harleydyna » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:00 am

Thanks for the help guys...I had posted that problem in January. I searched for direct 9, got on their site, downloaded that newer version, and got MC03 installed. I'm still hopeing for someone to reply to the post I made last nite regarding static/distortion while recording