Help with my Roland and Sonar....

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
antonio

Post by antonio » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:45 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I have Sonar 2.O and I am having the damndest time trying to use the included DX instruments such as the Sound Canvas and Dreamstation. I have a Roland XP-60 keyboard hooked up via my midiman 2x2 box. Recording audio is pretty much straight forward but midi is a different story. I am getting midi data recorded, but when i try to change the instrument in the Sound Canvas and playback, the recorded midi data is still the same as the original recorded instrument. Do I need a VST wrapper/adapter or something?? I've heard of these, but didn't know if I needed one or not! What I ultimately want to do is learn how to record midi from my keyboard and change the instruments through sound canvas. I also would like to know how can I filter my keyboard sounds through Dreamstation. If you can't tell by now, I'm kinda new to midi....but I do know that midi is data and not sound......that's about it however..Can anyone help or offer some advice? Thanks.

dot.com

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:27 am

Highlight a midi track that keeps changing and set the play position at the beginning of the track. Go to the insert menu and select insert bank/patch change. Here you can select the instrument you want to play and insert the marker that will change it to that instrument.

If the track changes and then reverts back you will ahave to open the event list (in the view menu) and look for the event that changes the patch. Here you will be able to edit it to the instrument you want.