Yamaha DS2416 with Sonar 3

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:30 am

Hi! Is there someone who can give some light about how is the best way to work with the Yamaha DS2416 with Sonar 3? It's givin' me a lot of dropouts just with one audio track armed without any plugin. The latency is all to the right. The driver mode is in MME-32bit and also I have the latest WDM drivers.My machine is a P4 3Ghz, 1G Ram, ATI Radeon 128 Mb graphic card, and Asus mainboard. Also I got a Sound Blaster Audigy to work with MIDI. The DS2416 it's only audiocard.
The most strange is the CPU is allways in 1 or 2%. That's nothing! Supose to work great.
What can I do more? Thanks!!!

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:57 am

If your CPU usage is steady then it could the hard drive that is the problem. Make sure it is defragged and plenty of space left on it. Make sure it is DMA enabled and it is set as the master on it's IDE channel.

If it shares an IDE channel with a CD ROM drive make sure the autoplay feature is off on the CD drive.

Also check that there are no conflicts with your soundcard and other devices especially the graphics card and the audigy. If there are conflicts then move the soundcard to another slot.

Does the audio perform alright on the audigy card?