Help a girl in distress! RE M-Audio 1010lt

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.

Post by guest » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:38 am

Help a girl in distress!

RE M-Audio 1010lt

I'm a noob girly with an M-Audio 1010lt, Sonar 3 and a Tascam DM 24.

When the 1010lt card recives signals...Be it via Mic direct or the mixer I have no control ovr the amount of volume that enters the cards inputs .

For instance. I sing into the mic. The levels are in the red. I slide the slider down in the m-audio control panel for that input track but it does nothing. I am stuck with a card that seems to have all of its settings stuck on 10.

The equivalent problem on a normal mixer would be as if all of the trims and volume sliders were all at max. But in the control panels on M-Audios mixer (software) I turn them down and it does nothing. I hear there is a jumper on the card itself that you can switch phantom power on and off...But still sureley you would still have control of the amount of signal you allow into your card???

I have tried everything including drivers etc but nothing works.

Please help!

Kisses

Chrissy

firefox

Post by firefox » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:59 pm

When using the delta you need to set and forget the mixer section of it and control your input from an external mixer.
Run your" wave outs" all the way down and check "hardware in" for all.
It seems that with your dm24( nice mixer) you could go in and out digital to and from the delta though. I however have no experience with digital mixers, just analog.(other than sonars)

Bassman

Post by Bassman » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:28 pm

Try taking the trim down on the channel you are about to record on and will see the volume go down.