total rookie: audio track guidance

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:40 am

hi im a total rookie to sound software and my instructions happen to be foreign, but even if they were English i doubt id understand this: is it only in MIDI tracks that you can create notes in piano roll-can you select patches in audio-if not, im not quite sure what i actually do in the audio tracks, all ive done is import wav samples from the files which only just worked. i have no synths or other hardware except my PC keyboard. what is something simple i could create in audio tracks? thanks :oops:

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:24 am

You could sing or play an instrument into the soundcard to record. Of course, if it's a cheezy mic through a cruddy card, you'll get less than stellar results, but at least you can experiment with the basics until you decide if you want to fork out the dough for better equipment. Or, you could just learn all you can about MIDI, get good at manipulating it, until you can save up enough to get some decent hardware. Then, the MIDI stuff will be second-nature, leaving you to bang your head against the wall only because of the audio stuff :lol:

HDB

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:29 am

Wut's Up!