Problem when recording my guitar...

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
Isbelth

Post by Isbelth » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:59 pm

Hello everybody... :D
Well, I'm using Sonar 2XL to record some of my song ideas, sorry, I'm quite a newbie, and here's the problem :

- I start recording the rythm guitar
- Using another track, I record the lead parts while playing the rythm, adding some delay, chorus and so on...

The main problem is, when I play the lead part alone (solo mode), the rythm guitar and the midi drums I put in for good mesure are recorded on the track... and affected by the effects in put ! :? That ruins everything...
Does anyone here knows how to fix that ?

Thanks a lot, that's quite annoying... :D

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:16 am

Open up your sound card mixer and go into recording properties. Make sure only the source you are recording from is enabled ie. line in. You will probably find that you have the 'What U Hear' or Wav option enabled as well, these are causing your problem.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:20 pm

I tried to look at the windows recording panel, the only thing selected is "line in", that's ok since it's where I plug my guitar in... There's no "what u hear" stuff anywhere... and i'm still in trouble :(

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:28 pm

As Andy says make sure it's the Recording window you are looking at not the Play window.

I think "What U Hear" is a Soundblaster setting so if you have a different sound card it may not come up.

You may need to select Advance settings and tick the boxes to display all the settings

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:50 am

Yes, i looked at the recording panel :!:
I know it sounds strange, I didn't have any problem before... :?