Mix Down Audio Gets Big!

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
Composer_Chick2

Post by Composer_Chick2 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:36 pm

Hello!
I have Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. I have one midi file that is 36MB, when I go to mix down audio, it take a very long time, when its done I noticed that the file size is now 236 MB and the song shows 23 minutes long when it should be only 3 mins or so. This is the only file I am having problems with. I can do another song with out a hitch. Parts of the song were split and then combimed with in the tracks, I do this all the time with no problems. I checked the mixer to see if something changes when that file is opened but every setting is fine. Also I have tried to do a mix down audio on the same file for a second time, but this time the file GREW to 1.2 GB's! And over a hour long. Does any one know what is causing this? I'd hate to have to delete the file and start from scratch as I have allot of time invested in this file. PLEASE HELP! :oops:

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:34 pm

I am guessing that your track is like 500,000 measures long. Know what I mean? You are recording blank space because you have another measure of something way, way deep into your track.

I would try to copy only the track you want and save it to another file. Right click at the beginning of the track and drag the cursor over the measure until the end of the track. Then do a CTRL-C to copy the track.

No doubt that when you did cut and paste, some how parts of your track ended up like in measure 710 or somewhere.

See if that will keep your tune to 4 meg and three minutes.

Good luck.

Composer_Chick

Post by Composer_Chick » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:30 am

:lol: Thanks Brain D. After reading your reply, I went and checked in the track view and scrolled to measure 568 and Guess what I found? Yes some how I pasted a track in and it got way far away. I deleted that section and went to mix down again but Oh No same old same. But now I took a second look at the track and noticed DOT's running across in the middle fo the track, so I again slide the slider to see how far it would go, and Guess what I found! It went to 2368 measures LOL. I copied the stuff I want off that track and put it on a new track and simply delete that track and volia, I was able to mix down with out a hitch. Thanks for the clue it sent me in the right direction. Have A Great Weekend! Deb :D

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:50 am

No problem Deb. But it is Brian, not Brain :wink:

Composer_Chick

Post by Composer_Chick » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:29 am

My humblest apologies, :oops: Brian!

Composer_Chick

Post by Composer_Chick » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:32 am

My humblest apologies, :oops: Brian!