Disappearing Directx plug ins in Cakewalk Pro audio 9.3

Use this forum for all technical issues.
Brian Jones

Post by Brian Jones » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:07 pm

I use a lot of DX plug ins but a problem I have only with CPA9.3 is when I have installed a certain amount of plug ins the last plug in in the drop down list within CPA disappears so its a plug in that will be last in the alphabet i.e WXY or Z. I have found a workround to this problem I open up the registry at HKEY/Classes/Root/Filter and remove one of the entries there (after backing it up) and this brings the missing plug in back into the drop down list. It's not a windows problem it happens in W98 and WXP pro sp1. It's not a Direct x problem because it happens in DX 7,8 and 9b, and not a problem with Soudforge or CEP 2.0 so it must be a problem within CPA 9.3. It's as if CPA can only handle a certain number of plug -ins
Does anyone know of a workround within Cakewalk PA 9.3 that I can do to solve this problem.
Many thanks,

Brian :roll: :oops:

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:59 pm

Do you have the newest version of DX installed? Is it possible that some of your plugs only run under older/newer versions of DX and are buggy when running under the version you have installed??

Good Luck!
GG

Brian Jones

Post by Brian Jones » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:28 pm

It happens with versions 7,8 and 9 of Direct X. I do have the latest version of Direct x and it still happens, and it's only with CPA 9.3 my other audio editors are fine. :shock:
BTW This is a legit copy of CPA

Brian.