mixing down audio

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
kentothink

Post by kentothink » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:12 am

when i go to export to a .wav file (like ive been doing for years with sonar...) sonar crashes and doesnt export to wav. HOW ANNOYING. so? what to do? this is a new problem. it worked just fine for a long time and even with sonar 3.0 and 3.1. all of a sudden it doesnt work. anyone have this problem?

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:23 pm

Exporting to audio is a very intensive processor job and it sounds like your processor could be spiking. Are you sure there is nothing else running in the background.

If it reports a kernal 32 dll error there is a fix for this on the cakwalk site in the form of a registry edit. It has been mentioned on this forum a while ago, you might be able to search it out.

kentothink

Post by kentothink » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:06 pm

MY computer is a totally bad ass dual P3 1.2GHz. its great, but i figured this one out and im going to do a topic about it. it was my multiprocessor engine: if i turn that off, then it will mix down. otherwise, it crashes. certain plugins in the buses when turned off will allow it to mix down, but if theyre on it crashes UNLESS i turn off the multiprocessor engine thing.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:01 pm

Another thing to watch out for - if your wordcloks are set differently, you may end up with an exported wav that sounds very slow or fast (wrong sample rate) despite being exported correctly.