2 strange issues with Sonar 2.0

Use this forum for all technical issues.
multarnc

Post by multarnc » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:09 pm

Sometimes, when I press record, after I hit stop, no audio appears. It didn't record. It does it on occassion and is very annoying. It appears to be recording and playback goes fine, but when it's finished, there is no audio.
My second problem is this:
I'll track drums first. Then I'll track, say...guitar or whatever. Playback and recording goes fine. Afterwards, I'll play it back, and the second track will be off-time from the drums, not a lot, but very noticeable.

I'm running it on an AMD 2.0Ghz system, with 1.5Gb RAM and an Audigy Platinum soundcard.
Any help would be appreciated.

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:09 pm

The audio not recording might simply down to choosing the wrong input. For mono tracks most cards default to the left input (industry standard) mine always records mono through the right channel, even though the manual says left. It threw me for ages

multarnc

Post by multarnc » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:40 pm

I have the inputs set correctly. It just randomly doesn't record. Some takes simply don't record. It acts as if it's recording, but when it's done, the audio doesn't show up. It only does it randomly. Other times it records normally, except when I have the other problem where it's delayed.