Two Sonar questions

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
claes

Post by claes » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:02 pm

Hello

I am since about 2 months owner of Sonar 2.2XL (German version) and so far everything have worked out perfect. The program is to me very straightforward and runs absolute stable on my system. However there is two (probably silly/simple) things that I cant figure out from the manual, help files or in practice:
1. When setting up buses the mixer view holds 4 in one vertical row. When adding one more bus it naturally becomes 2 rows. But why do all individual track panels also become twice the size?????. There is plenty of room for more buses vertical downwards in each tracks panel. Is there any way to affect this?

2. How to trim ends/cut off e g 3 sec and get the remaining part to automatic fit/move to zero (as in Wavelab or other editors, yes I know that Sonar not is a editor but with all ”slip editing functions” I guess this basic function also must be there somewere).

Thanks
claes

:?

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:14 am

Hi Claes,

2nd question first because I know that one. You select the area to be cut, when you click cut in the edit menu you are presented with an options box. At the bottom there is an option to tick 'Remove Hole' and click OK. The track will then move over, overwriting all information it replaces.

The first question I don't know but if I find out I will let you know.

claes

Post by claes » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:39 pm

Thank You
it was just as easy as I suspected. I had "translated" those checkboxes wrong, neither german or english are my native language.

Hope there will be a solution for my other question too. It feels a little bit strange when the on screen mixer becomes wider than my old and heavy 16ch Yamaha!
Claes

:D :D :D