.bun files

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
kentothink

Post by kentothink » Tue May 04, 2004 9:59 pm

okay...
i got some .bun files from friends comp and opened them on mine. When i opriginally did this, it put all the audio data from the .buns into the audio data folder. good! i saved them as project files and have been using themfor weeks.

i cleaned my audio disk to make a little room

those tracks that i loaded as .buns lost their audio data, or at least most of it got deleted. so i went back and got the .buns and opened them again trying to trick my comp into creating those audio files again in my audio data folder and then i would have them and then open up the project file and everything would fall back into place.

WRONG

it now creates a HUGE file in the audio data folder (just ONE) that is the name of the file and the project doesnt play. i did a lot of different things...but nothing worked. do i have something checked in some sort of preference wrong or something?

HELP! im freaking pissed about all this.

is there anything i can do short of just dragging and dropping all the audio data from my friends comp into my audio folder? that will take about 2 years.

kentothink

Post by kentothink » Wed May 05, 2004 5:17 pm

cool...im replying to myself

i figured it out

ReWire ismessed up. Since ive been messing with P5, everything that has Reason rewired into it (whether P5 is rewired or not...which it never is) wont play until i delete reason from the rack.

anyone have this issue?

kentothink

Post by kentothink » Thu May 06, 2004 3:53 pm

Got it. I had to reload Cakewalk. I'm now going to stop pretending i understand what Cakewalk does with its Audio Data folder to make my songs work. never going to mess with it ever again.

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu May 06, 2004 4:00 pm

First sign of madness, talking to yourself.

Second sign, answering your own questions.

Third sign, using Project 5 :wink:

kentothink

Post by kentothink » Fri May 07, 2004 3:04 am

Holy crap...i answered myself...whoo...i need some human contact and a little less Sonar....man....

i think i was answering myself just in case anyone else has the sameproblem that i was having...

and i'll stick to that story...!

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri May 07, 2004 8:42 am

Ah, but what about Project 5 though, what's your excuse for that :wink: