Vsc isn't cutting, and how to change the song speed quickly

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
rick_james

Post by rick_james » Fri May 21, 2004 5:17 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum,

I have a few questions, and i was wondering if anyone can help me out.

The Roland Sound canvas(vsc) is a great referance for composing midi data but its just to cheesy and cheap sounding for the actual audio tracks. Do any of you know a different kind of that gm module with more realistic or variable sounds?

How do you slow the song speed by half, quarter etc. quickly in sonar 3? I tried looking at the manual but i didnt find anything about it. You know its just handy when you have to play a difficult synth line, etc.

Does anyone know a good sample cd or module with those evolving(growing/swelling) horn sounds typical of rick jame's music and the disco funk era?

Thank you for reading and any help you can provide,

Later

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat May 22, 2004 12:44 am

There are many soft synths that will come up to audio standard, even the VSC with a bit of careful processing can turn out some good sounds.

A good resource for Soft Synths both commercial and free http://www2.kvr-vst.com/

Next step in the Roland/Edirol line is the HyperCanvas which is like a big brother to the VSC. If you like to write traditional 4 beat combo style stuff then Edirol SuperQuartet gives excellent piano, guitar , bass and drums sound. Classical music then try Edirol Orchestral.

Another route is the V Sampler and build up a good set of samples that can be used quite easily.

As for changing tempo quickly, View menu > Toolbars and check the tempo box. To change the ratio of the buttons just shift click and enter new ratio. Ctrl 1, 2 or 3 are the keyboard short cuts for them.